Drug or alcohol rehab is necessary for anyone’s journey to sobriety or mental stability. Without substance abuse treatment, clients risk reverting to their self-destructive behaviors.
Whether you are looking for treatment options for yourself or a loved one, you might want to consider going through the insurance verification process for rehab expenses.
At Catalina Behavioral Health, we can quickly process your insurance verification for rehab, without cost or obligation. With our five-minute procedure, you will know about your exact treatment options and coverage.
Learn more about what you need to do to get started and find out all about insurance verification for rehab at Catalina Behavioral Health now!
Factors to Consider About Insurance Verification for Rehab
Reviewing your health insurance policy to see what services your insurance provider covers is important. Understanding your insurance coverage can help you confirm whether you can seek financial coverage from your insurer. After all, comprehensive rehabilitation treatments can cost thousands of dollars, which most people might not have immediate access to.
Just by having insurance, it is possible that you will not have to worry about the cost of treatment because your provider will cover it. This way, you can put your investment in healthcare coverage to good use. How much your insurer will cover will depend on your condition, but in many verification cases, providers will cover 100% of treatment.
Free Insurance Verification – Get Help Now
You can get in touch with our representatives to secure your cost estimate and then proceed with your rehabilitation. Catalina is prepared to conduct insurance verification for rehab on your behalf, and can then explain your benefits and treatment options.
Does Insurance Cover Rehab?
Generally, the type of health insurance plan you have will determine whether you can use your policy to cover the costs of rehab. Our free and confidential insurance verification for rehab lets you know, often within minutes, about your levels of coverage and costs for attending treatment. For instance, if you have Medicare or Medicaid, you might be automatically covered for some rehab services at Catalina.
However, coverage depends on the state in which you live since Medicaid is a joint federal and state program with AHCCCS and its policy types being available for residents of Arizona seeking rehab services.
Meanwhile, if you have a private healthcare provider, your out-of-pocket maximum for substance abuse rehab will depend on your insurer and the policy’s terms. For instance, most insurance policies cover substance abuse and even inpatient mental health treatment. They can pay for detox and also residential treatment, meaning that they have financial coverage for treating the physical and mental aspects of addiction.
At Catalina Behavioral Health, we will ensure that you fully understand your plan and coverage once we verify your insurance policy. This way, you can confidently move forward with your rehab. In addition, you can be prepared for the costs and know what to expect from your insurance company. You may need to take care of a portion of the cost up to a certain amount, known as your deductible.
Again, our insurance verification for rehab service can let you know exactly the cost of attendance at Catalina.
Insurance Verification for Rehab: What Carriers Does Catalina Accept?
Catalina Behavioral Health proudly accepts many of the top insurance providers from across the United States. If you have coverage from Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), we also accept many forms of this state-subsidized insurance.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- GEHA (Insurance for Federal Employees)
- Molina Healthcare
And if your provider is not among those listed here, please contact our Admissions staff for a confidential look at your insurance verification for rehab services at Catalina. We work with many carriers and will do our utmost to make attending treatment as accessible and affordable as possible.
What Substance Abuse Treatment Programs Are Covered?
Rehab involves multiple treatments with licensed medical professionals since there is no one-size-fits-all method to treat you or your loved one’s condition. As such, insurance providers might pay for some treatments but not all.
For a general idea, here are the most common drug and alcohol addiction treatment programs and rehab facilities that insurance verification for rehab might show coverage for:
- Inpatient and Outpatient Services: Many addiction treatment services require treatment centers that are in-patient (meaning you stay overnight over the course of several days or weeks), while others are out-patient (meaning you go home at the end of the days). Both types of treatment centers accept insurance. You can expect that the coverage you receive from your policy will vary depending on the intensity of the treatment you receive from your treatment provider.
- Medically Assisted Detox: Some policies cover the costs of a medically assisted detox program that helps you wean off drugs or alcohol under the guidance and watchful eye of a qualified healthcare provider. Once again, the intensity of the detox you or your loved one needs to get clean will determine how much you can obtain from your insurer.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment: Your policy might cover the expenses of medication-assisted treatment services. These services involve FDA-approved medications that help you manage withdrawal symptoms and reduce cravings.
- Dual-Diagnosis Treatment: Some recovering addicts might have co-occurring disorders on top of their addiction. Your policy may cover the costs if you or your loved one needs treatment for the conditions you have while recovering from addiction.
- Continued Recovery Care: You may receive financial assistance for the costs of aftercare services, such as sober living homes and 12-step meetings. These services help you stay on track with your sobriety goals.
Once again, it is important to proceed with insurance verification with us to confirm whether you can use your insurance for treatment programs, family therapy, and/or immediate help. Insurance verification can help you understand if your policy offers “out of network benefits” which give you the option to choose what rehab facility you want to go to, rather than being forced to go to a facility in your provider’s network.
I Have No Health Insurance. Can I Still Go to Rehab?
Yes, you have some options available to you even if you do not have a healthcare plan. Consider checking for state-funded facilities that provide rehab options. Catalina accepts many AHCCCS policies, for example. You might also find organizations that offer financial assistance programs.
These organizations often advocate for addiction treatment. They work with various facilities to ensure you get the best care possible. With these alternative channels, hopefully, you will not become discouraged from seeking the help you need.
One particular organization is the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). This organization offers block grants for people without health insurance who are seeking specialty substance abuse treatment and prevention services.
How Does the ACA Help With My Rehab?
The federal government passed Obamacare, or the Affordable Care Act (ACA), in 2010, which gives all Americans access to affordable insurance rates. These rates are based on the individual’s income, ensuring everybody has coverage to treat their health conditions. Addiction, behavioral health, and mental health treatments are among the rehab services included in the ACA’s essential healthcare coverage benefits by which all national insurance providers must abide to provide coverage.
With affordable and accessible insurance rates, people who need treatment for addiction will not have to worry about the high costs that come with it. The ACA’s comprehensive coverage will also enable more people to seek the necessary care and treatment for their addiction.
Can I Have Multiple Providers?
Yes, you can have more than one healthcare provider if you meet the rules allowing a person to have dual health insurance coverage. You may qualify if:
- You Are Married: You can have an individual healthcare plan and coverage from your spouse’s plan.
- You Are Under 26: You may have an individual plan and be listed on your parent’s healthcare policy. Your parents could also be divorced and you might be listed in both plans.
- You Are Over 65: You have Medicare and healthcare insurance from your employer.
Rest assured that it is legal to have your name appear in more than one policy. However, one policy will serve as the primary one when paying for your rehab expenses. Your secondary policy will cover costs once you reach the limits of the primary policy.
Licensed Addiction Treatment
What Are the Common Types of Healthcare Plans for Rehab?
Individuals seeking rehab services have access to three types of healthcare plans, each with unique benefits. These include:
- Health Maintenance Organization: HMO plans allow you to choose your primary care physician from a specialized network. These plans also have low deductibles and monthly premiums, suited for individuals seeking standardized rehab programs.
- Preferred Provider Organization: PPO plans give you access to your provider’s network of healthcare professionals. Although these plans tend to be pricier than HMO plans, they offer more individualized options for special cases.
- Point of Sale: POS plans are like HMO plans but allow you to see doctors outside of the network should your condition require it. These plans are suited for those who prefer a convenient option to pay for their inpatient or outpatient programs.
- Exclusive Provider Organization: EPOs are obscure plans that cover only in-network care. EPO networks are larger than HMO networks. As such, they usually have higher premiums than HMOs, but lower ones than PPOs. Some EPOs may require a referral.
What Is Covered by My Insurance Policy?
If you would like to learn about your policy, you can reach out to us. We can quickly and easily do everything in-house to save you the trouble of navigating the process yourself. We can also determine how much of your policy covers your rehab services of choice.
What Is the Cost of Drug Addiction Recovery?
While you can expect to pay at least a thousand dollars to recover from an addiction disorder, how much you will pay for rehab will always depend on your specific situation. Consider these factors:
- The Intensity of Care: People’s conditions vary. Some may need a standard form of treatment while others require a higher level of treatment and comprehensive form of care.
- Duration of Treatment: How long you will need to recover also determines how much you will pay because of the resources you will be using for the duration of your program.
- Additional Costs: Rehab may charge for special amenities and features during your rehabilitation treatment, your copay for medicine, and your premium.
Do Plans Offer Mental Health Care?
Yes, most policies have mental health benefits that will cover the treatment of various mental disorders. Essentially, your healthcare package will pay expenses for visits to the doctor regardless of what kind of medicine the doctor practices.
Help For Substance Abuse
Does Healthcare Insurance Pay for My Medications During Treatment?
Most healthcare packages will cover the medications you take in a specific program if your provider deems them necessary to your recovery or if you require immediate help.
Many rehab programs integrate medicine into their processes to maintain the sobriety and health of their patients. Your rehab counselor or primary physician will help determine whether your program requires certain medicines to help you get better.
Get Started: Insurance Verification for Rehab at Catalina
Insurance verification is critical to anyone’s journey to addiction treatment. Even if you have no insurance, there are options to help you in becoming and staying healthy. If you have questions about whether your insurance can help with your rehab options, Catalina Behavior Health is ready to help! Connect with our experts to discuss your situation today.